1. Do you have a retail store?
Yes we do, Kentucky Gun Co., 401 Glenwood Drive, Bardstown, KY 40004
2. What are your hours of operation?
Due to Covid-19, our store hours are 9:30-6:00 Monday through Saturday
3. Do you ship Internationally?
No not at this time
4. Do you take Trades on Firearms?
We will consider any firearm in trade for another firearm. Please bring the firearm in our retail store or email photos of the firearm to email@example.com for an estimate. Keep in mind, our offer will be minimally less than the actual value of the firearm. If you are planning on getting full value for your trade, you might be better off selling the firearm yourself.
5. Do I have to pay sales tax?
If the item is shipped to an address in Kentucky, or you pick the item up at our store front, the there will be a sales tax. If the item is shipped out of Kentucky, we only collect sales tax if your state requires us to do so. Currently, Indiana is the only state that has made this a requirement.
6. How do you complete a Class III transfer?
The individual purchasing the Class III item would have to contact their local Class III dealer and have them fax their FFL and SOT license. We will complete a Form 3 for the transfer from KYGUNCO to their Class III dealer. Once we receive approval we will ship the item to your FFL/Class III dealer. Once your dealer receives the item they will complete Form 4 to have the item transferred from the dealer the purchasing customer.
7. Will we ship to your state?
We will ship to your state according to each states Local Firearm Guidelines and Laws. Please contact your local dealer to find out what is and is not legal in your state. Please note, we are not able to swap out magazines for a lower capacity
8. Do you accept checks?
Personal Checks over $1500 and temporary checks will be held for 10 business days. We can accept Money Orders, Cashiers Checks, and Certified Checks (There is an option to select pay by check during the check-out process).
9. What is Text a Check and How Does it Work?
Text a Check is a faster way to send a check. When placing your order online, click on the image of the check and enter in your cell phone number. Our system will send your phone a message with your order number and the total amount of the order. If placing an item on layaway, please submit your check for at least 30% of the total order. Write out your check as if you were going to mail it, including signing the check, and take a photo of the front of check. Reply to our message with only a picture of the front of the completed check. Please retain the original check for your records. Please do not include any additional text in the message such as “for order number 12345” or your check will not come through. **In Store Pick Up customers, please bring original check to the store with you when you pick up your item.**
10. Can a money order or cashier’s check be sent through Text a Check?
Cashier’s Checks and money orders are not accepted through Text a Check. Please mail these forms of payment to our Glenwood Drive address.
11. I have a KGC gift card; can I pay with the card online?
Not at this time. Please call customer service to pay with a KGC gift card.
12. Can I pay using a Visa, AmEx, or MasterCard gift card?
You may purchase items with this type of gift card. Please keep in mind that a 3% transaction fee will be added to the purchase price of firearms. Please call customer service if paying with multiple gift cards.
13. Do you accept PayPal or Venmo?
PayPal does not permit purchases made for firearms, ammunition, or firearm parts. See Here. Venmo, being a service of PayPal, follows the same policy.
14. I live out of state. May I purchase items in the store?
We welcome any customer to shop in our retail location. If you are visiting from out of state, you are more than welcome to purchase items in our store. Firearms may be purchased by out of state residents. Please note that we follow all laws regarding purchases, including waiting periods. Long guns, in most cases, may be purchased and taken home the same day. Handguns may be purchased in store, but we are required to ship them to your home state for transfer. Shockwaves and Tac-14s follow the same regulations as handguns.
15. Do you price match?
We are able to consider a price match for an in-stock item. You may bring the competitor’s ad into the store, call us and provide website information for the competitor, or email us with a link to the competitor’s website to have a price match request considered. Please note, the competitor must have the item in stock on their website.
16. Company Policy on price changes:
If the price changed on your online order, please refer to the Norton Shopping Guarantee email that was sent with your order. You are able to file a claim through that email. For more details please click Here
- For orders placed in store or over the phone, if an item goes on sale up to 7 days after your purchase date (the date you placed the order), you will be issued a KGC gift card for the difference in price on all shipped and unshipped items.
- If after 8 days from the date of purchase and the price changes there will be no refund given.
- If the price changes in the 7 day time frame it is the customer’s responsibility to contact Kentucky Gun Company to obtain a refund gift card.
- Prices can change without notice, it is not Kentucky Gun Company’s responsibility to notify the customer.
Any mail correspondence (including checks) MUST BE sent to: KGC 401 Glenwood Drive Bardstown KY 40004
Cancelled Warehouse Item Orders Will Be Charged a 10% Restocking Fee.